Last month Ken Murphy gave an excellent and exciting talk laying out the case for returning to the Moon and the uses of cislunar space. Ken’s talk was articulate and compelling. While i am not ready to abandon going to Mars first (this is the Mars society, after all!) Ken did describe in detail the uses and gravitational advantages of cislunar space and Earth / Moon Lagrangian points.
It was a very different and invigorating talk, and i am glad a bunch of you made it out – and sorry that some had to miss it! Thanks again, Ken!
We have another meeting this Sunday, May 29! Same time and location (6:30pm, Spaghetti Warehouse, Plano, off of Rt 75 and 15th street)!
This time we need to buckle down on our planning for Moon Day 2016, which is only two meetings away. This will be the 40th anniversary of the Viking 1 landing, so we need it to be special!
- The rover field, including spare rover (tom)
- Any other WiFi rovers (Mark and Kris were planning?)
- The revised glove box (Dan)
- The Mars panel display – highlighting Viking (Curtis)
- The viking soil yard (Mark / Dan?)
- The 3-D Mars viewer using google glasses and an iPhone (Mark)
- Giveaway bling?
- Anything i forgot?
See you Sunday!